RSS
Hi!!! I'm basically a movie, food, travel, music, and drama lover all in one...

The Lovely Bones



Venue: MBO Melaka Mall
Date: 18th March 2010

Company: none

Right after my maths test, I was a bit down, but not that tired. I didn't know what to do, so as usual, I went to the cinema= the only place that can surely cheer me up... and as usual, I just went to the cinema with an empty mind... no plan of what to watch or even where to watch (i just let my hands take the wheels.. yes, it swerved left at the last moment..) I parked, went straight into MBO, went to the counter, and start planning there... what movies have i not watched?? what time would be suitable?? to buy popcorn or not?? hahaaa...

Anyways, like stated above, this time the lucky winner is THE LOVELY BONES that's directed by Peter Jackson (i didn't know he could direct such a movie.. you know, NOT Lord Of The Rings material..) I had really wanted to watch it from a long time ago, and the timing was such a perfect fit that I didn't even consider anything else... bought the tickets, popcorns and mineral water (i'm on a diet? :P) and off into hall 5... i was in just on time when the movie started...

I must say, the movie does feel a bit dragging as its almost 2 hours... as the time frame of the movie is around 2 years(?).... It was enjoyable though (in a sense when ur alone and eating popcorn)... A very thoughtful movie... very deep... very complicated.. a bit weird and quirky at times.. the scenes inside the "in betweens" was beautiful, colorful, and very vivid... you don't even need 3D to feel the effect...

Although the ending was tragic... like you would know from the beginning anyway.. (this is NOT a spoiler)... I enjoyed it thoroughly... ALONE... i just felt that this kind of movie is exactly the ones you shouldn't be watching with someone else, namely a blunt, frank or even annoying person that talks all the time.. hahaa... ( i shueesh these people talking at the back at the most crucial time to have the environment quiet!!!!!).. anyways, you can always talk/discuss about it after the movie... right?

Thumbs up to Peter Jackson and all that worked hard to make this movie a success... i certainly enjoyed it, and would be looking forward to more movies in this genre.... or maybe more Peter Jackson movie that is mellow and drama than action and fantasy..? :P

Go watch!!!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 ...Monster of Everything.... All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy